This individual is responsible for welcoming patients to the practice, treating all patients in a professional and courteous manner, checking-in patients, reviewing patient charts to verify necessary information and signatures and entering new patient information into the computer. Performance of duties must always be in compliance with HIPAA and Compliance policies.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Exhibit excellent professional appearance.
- Exhibit maturity, reliability, composure and stability under pressure in order to handle on-the-job challenges.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Management of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Motivation to succeed.
- Empathetic personality giving attention to patient’s needs and concerns.
- Working knowledge of computer programs.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Respectful treatment of patients and co-workers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical equations related to essential job duties.
- Ability to use problem solving and critical thinking skills to identify, interpret and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenarios.
- Understand and support the Mission of Grene Vision Group. Understand and abide by a high standard of professional ethics in order to ensure the integrity of the organization.
- Complies with HIPAA, Compliance and Grene Vision Group policies and procedures.
- Checks patients in, greeting everyone in a pleasant and professional manner. The check in process includes verifying personal information (address, telephone, email etc.), verifying insurance, collecting co-payment when applicable, entering necessary information into the computer system and providing any requested information to the patients.
- Ensures that proper authorization or referral is collected from the patient.
- Request, prepare and ensure the completeness of the patient’s electronic medical records. This includes scanning a copy of the patient’s driver’s license and insurance card into the electronic medical record.
- Marks arrival time of patients in office and make sure that patients are seen on time.
- Move, cancel and handle no show appointments according to established process.
- Track patients in the reception area and communicate with them, as needed. Work with patients, families and/or staff in handling and resolving problems that occur during the course of the visit.
- Maintain the general appearance of the waiting room or reception area; straighten magazines, chairs and other light furniture.
- Appropriately collects and records all co-pays, secondary insurances and patient payments in accordance with Grene Vision Groups records transaction guidelines.
- Compare daily cash amounts against daily transactions in order to ensure that records balance.
- Answer phone system, handle and/or redirect calls to the appropriate department or doctor team.
- Maintain working knowledge of all office equipment, computer, fax, copiers, phones, etc.
- Maintain adequate equipment and supply levels for the department.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and functioning properly, reports damaged or improperly functioning equipment to the Web Help Desk and Clinic Manager in a timely manner.
- Participates in annual OSHA and Bloodbourne Pathogens training, other departmental in-services and required education updates.
- Keep pace with a high volume of patients while performing multiple, sometimes complex tasks.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
This position has no management responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
Computer skills and good oral communication required
Prefer background in Medical/Ophthalmology
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must have the ability to stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee frequently is required to use fingers/hands to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together, handle, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job may include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600.
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.